Sunday 13 May 2012

Butt: Borough unity will make fightback against government more effective

Cllr James Denselow has not waited for the niceties of confirmation by the Full Council to proclaim Muhammed Butt the new leader of Brent Council. LINK  He quotes the following acceptance speech by Butt:
It is an honour to be elected to this position. I would like to pass my deepest thanks to my predecessor Cllr. Ann John and look forward to her continuing to be deeply involved in the Borough that I know she has loved and served for many years.

These are the toughest financial times in the history of Brent. I want to develop a new approach to the relationship between Councillors and Officers, between front and back benchers and between the Labour Party and our residents. I believe that the more united we are as a Borough the more effective our fight back against this government will be.

I stand for responsibility, fairness and the values of equality that underpin the Labour party and I look forward to beginning the hard work for Brent residents in my new role.
Cllr James Powney, architect of the library closures, survived a challenge for his Executive position from Cllr Claudia Hector according to my sources.

3 comments:

The Local Don. said...

"These are the toughest financial times in the history of Brent. I want to develop a new approach to the relationship between Councillors and Officers, between front and back benchers and between the Labour Party and our residents. I believe that the more united we are as a Borough the more effective our fight back against this government will be"

As you can see, Muhammed Butt puts residents last on his list.


The Local Don.

Anonymous said...

He gave £5000 of the ward working funds (2010/11) to his own mosque where he is not only one of the trustees but Chairman also.

The Local Don. said...

Seriously? Did this information ever get released to the public?


The Local Don.