From Grunwick 40
We are the Lions Exhibition
October 19th 2016 to March 26th 2017
Open Monday to Friday 9am to 8pm; Saturday Sunday 10 am to 5pm
The Library at Willesden Green
Forty years ago a group of workers in a backstreet Willesden factory stood up to their unfair bosses and kickstarted one of the longest and most important industrial disputes in British history. Led by Asian women, the strike challenged stereotypes, changed the face of white male trade unions and inspired others to speak out against injustice.
We need volunteers
- To sit in the gallery and oversee the space
- Where possible engage people in the exhibition and the activity space for families.
- Commit to at least 5 sessions between October and April. A session can be all day or a half day. The exhibition is open during library hours including weekends
- Briefing and training about the exhibition. ( First briefing planned for Oct 20th 4.30pm)
- Expenses up to £10 a session to cover out of pocket expenses
- Museum work experience and references where appropriate
Reply to G40Volunteers@gmail.com
Find us on Twitter.com/Grunwick40 Facebook Grunwick40