Saturday, 25 July 2026

Save Samovar Space & Market Square open spaces in front Of Wembley Stadium - submit objections by Friday July 31st

 

 

The campaign against the building of a 17 storey hotel in the current Samovar Space and Market square in front of Wembley Stadium and adjacent to Brent Civic Centre is gaining moment with the formation  of a WhatsApp Wembley Park Community Action Group JOIN HERE 

 

Current (from application document)

Proposed (from application document) - Brent Civic Centre now hidden
 

The campaign is asking for supporters to send in their Objections to Brent Council by Friday 31st July, the Neighbourhood Consultation Expiry Date. SUBMIT HERE

The campaign informs supporters that objection should focus on planning issues and makes some suggestions:

 You may wish to mention:

1. Loss of community space: Market Square and Samovar Space provide valuable public space for residents, markets, events and local businesses. Wembley Park needs more community infrastructure, not less.

2. Poor consultation and community engagement: Many residents were unaware of the proposal, and consultation failed to meaningfully engage the local community most affected.

3. Impact on the local area: The proposal would further intensify development in Wembley Park, increasing pressure on public spaces and changing the character of the neighbourhood.

4. Design and public realm: Consider whether replacing an active public square with a 17-storey hotel creates an attractive, welcoming and accessible place for residents.

 


Samovar Space and Market Square from above 

 

Remember: Planning decisions must be based on planning considerations. Explain how this proposal will affect you, your neighbourhood or the wider community. Personal experiences and local knowledge can be very persuasive.

 

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lets be honest, that whole area of Wembley is horrible. The only grass is on the pitch

Anonymous said...

So on this basis, if someone loaned you their car for a few years but said it was only temporary and they will want it back at some point, it would be ok to say no I'm keeping it?

Anonymous said...

I cannot see this going anywhere, they will fob us off like they did with the Union Park which is not fit to be called a Park of any merit.

Anonymous said...

I see plenty of people using it so they clearly think its not too bad.

Anonymous said...

The ducks are happy

Anonymous said...

It is shocking that Brent Council are allowing this to proceed. It's been over a decade since the original master plan was submitted (2011) and then the last major amendments were in 2018. Since then the entire surrounding area has changed beyond recognition, with a large and vibrant community. There was no-one here to object to the original plans. Brent Council should, at the bare minimum, put this on hold an reopen the planning for the NW04 plot for community consultation before proceeding with anything. Quintain own many other unused plots they could apply to change into hotel use. The public 'consultation' on the current plans has been effectively non-existent.

Paul Scott said...

I have already submitted my objection to the planning application as this community space needs to be saved for Wembley.

Paul Scott said...

Yes I agree.

Anonymous said...

Does this space invader proposal mean entire Wembley Park is brownfield (good growth) zone then?

Its amazing how small a tower build footplate can be these days in the corporatist income maximalisation zones of Brent.