Councils for PR is a new campaign by Make Votes Matter and GET PR DONE! We aim to encourage our councils to declare their support for proportional representation (PR) voting for Parliamentary elections.
Join us on Zoom at 19:00 on Monday, May 23rd to hear from our speakers as to how you can contribute:
- Clive Lewis, Labour MP for Norwich South;
- Amelia Womack, Deputy Leader of the Green Party of England and Wales;
- Cllr Max Wilkinson, Liberal Democrat, Cheltenham Borough Council;
- Cllr Ricky Knight, Green, Barnstaple Town Council
In our Zoom session, we will discuss:
- How councils can contribute to national political campaigns by passing resolutions. Many, for example, declared their recognition of the Climate Emergency.
- Our model motion for councillors to move at their council.
- Which councils have already passed a motion in support of PR.
- How you can help take this fledging campaign forward and./or join our core organising team. .
Please RSVP and we'll send you the Zoom link.
Both Make Vote Matter and GET PR DONE! believe we should today practice the collaborative and co-operative politics that PR can deliver in the future. Hence, C4PR as a joint venture.
About our Guests:
Clive Lewis has been the Labour MP for Norfolk South since 2015. He is widely recognised as the leading campaigner for PR within the Labour Party and regularly works on a cross-party basis with the Layla Moran of the Lib Dems and Caroline Lucas of the Greens.
Amelia Womack has been deputy leader of the Green Party of England and Wales since 2019. Since taking up that post, Amelia has worked across the country, visiting hundreds of local campaigns, events and organisations
Max Wilkinson is the Liberal Democrat candidate for the Cheltenham constituency. Max, a former journalist, is the cabinet member for the climate emergency at Cheltenham Borough Council.
Ricky Knight is a Green councillor in Barnstaple and a founding member of Councils for PR.