The Brent BRAIN Community website closed on 24 September 2010. This Saturday a FREE course starts at Willesden Green Library which will teach voluntary organisations and others interested in how to set up a FREE community website. The courses are on Saturdays 6th and 13th November 2-4pm or Saturdays 20th, 27th November and 4th December 2-4pm. Ring 020 8937 3400 to book a place.
The first 4 sessions are to show people how to create a general community website using word press. The last session in December is on how to add posts and community events to the new site. Kathy Ferris (former Brain manager will run this session in a personal capacity as a tutor~) http://brilliantbrent.wordpress.com/
Relevant community information for Brent has been migrated onto the Brent Council Website www.brent.gov.uk.
To help you find the relevant pages here are some handy links to the new services and projects that are available on the council and B My Voice websites:
- www.brent.gov.uk/communitydirectory - Community and Voluntary Directory
- www.brent.gov.uk/brentgoinggreen - saving energy monitors project
- www.brent.gov.uk/wwwp - learning disability photo library
- www.brent.gov.uk/voluntary.nsf/Pages/LBB-19 - link to Grantnet funding finder
- www.brent.gov.uk/partnersforbrent - local strategic partnership pages
- www.bmyvoice.org.uk/brentinspires - London 2012 Games youth project
All other projects, interactive and information areas on BRAIN are closed and no longer available.