Follow this LINK to take part in their 'Ice Factor' game (a totally different meaning to 'break a leg' than the X Factor)a fun way to bring the message home.
Living Streets are calling for local authorities to agree a winter contract with communities, committing to:
- Make sure that a severe weather plan is in place that sets out what the Council will do to reduce the impact of severe weather on all road users – including pedestrians
- Make sure that paths are gritted so that everyone, including older, younger and disabled people, is still able to walk to essential services
- Send staff and contractors to help clear pavements if they are unable to carry out their main job because of the severe weather
- Keep all grit bins filled so that grit can be used where it is needed
- Coordinate a list of volunteers who can be activated by email to help clear streets and alert the local public to help.