|Each month a great group of individuals come together to do extremely useful conservation and maintenance work around the Centre using basic gardening tools, to gain skills and meet new people. This work supports the activities of the Welsh Harp Environmental Education Centre including over 3000 school children that attend the Centre each year and improves the biodiversity of the woodland habitat.|
What will be the tasks at the next event? (August 17th 10am-12.30pm)
What else do you need to know?
- Clear algae from the pond
- Cut back vegetation around pond area
- Other tasks as they come up
We have achieved a lot since these events have started and we will continue to address many other aspects of the WHEEC Habitat Management Plan that need attending to. If you would like a copy of the management plan or information about the group, please email me - Deb Frankiewicz: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All welcome! Young people aged 17 years and under need to be accompanied by a responsible adult, each individual child under 11 years old will need an adult with them at all times as we are using sharp tools.
- Tasks can be adapted or alternative tasks available for all levels of involvement.
- Tea, coffee and snacks, steel toe cap wellington boots, tools and gloves are all provided.
- Wear comfortable outdoor clothing suitable for gardening.
- Please meet inside the Education Centre.
Hope to see as many of you as possible at the next event!
Post a Comment