Are looking for New Trustees
BAC has been supporting Disabled People in Brent since 1988 and are looking for trustees who can help take us forward in these challenging times.
We are seeking people who:
· Feel they can support the aims and objectives of the organisation and the social model of disability.
· Have a knowledge of disability issues either by personal experience or by close association with disabled people (75% of our trustees should define as disabled)
· Are able to commit to 6 meetings a year at a mutually agreed time.
· Feel a connection to our work and will spread the word
· Would like to help to develop the organisation
· Could be pro-active in helping to raise funding, sponsorship etc.
· Could support the organisation with any skills they may have e.g. experience of disability, organising, IT, website design, management or business skills, legal knowledge, accounting, social media etc.
· Live in the GLA area
We can offer:
· Disability, equality awareness training
· Management Committee training and out of pocket expenses
· The chance to make a difference for disabled people in Brent and surrounding areas.
· An opportunity to improve skills.
If you, or anyone you know, is interested in joining us please contact John Healy by 3rd April 2015.
020 8459 1493