In August Brent Council deferred a decision on the plans for a 24 storey block on the Argenta House site opposite Stonebridge Staion pending an independent review of the building's design and height. The proposed development replaces a 2 storey building. Four storeys were knocked off the original 28 storey proposal after consultation with the planning department.
The Planning Advisory Service found the officers' report to the Planning Committee to be 'balanced and sound' and the application returns to Brent Planning Committee on Wednesday.
Housing proposal for the tower block
Provision of 27% affordable housing by unit (30% affordable housing by habitable room) on a nil grant basis, broken down as:
o 21 units for affordable rent (at no more than 80% of open market rents, inclusive of service charges, and capped at Local Housing Allowance rates*), disposed on a freehold / minimum 125 year leasehold to a Registered Provider and subject to an appropriate Affordable Rent nominations agreement with the Council, securing 100% nomination rights for the Council on initial lets and 75% nomination rights for the Council on subsequent lets.
o 14 units for shared ownership (as defined under section 70(6) of the Housing & Regeneration Act 2008, subject to London Plan policy affordability stipulations that total housing costs should not exceed 40% of net annual household income, disposed on a freehold / minimum 125 year leasehold to a Registered Provider, and subject to an appropriate Shared Ownership nominations agreement with the Council, that secures reasonable local priority to the units).
Conditions include: (Full Report HERE)
- Shared Accommodation Rate: £92.72 per week
- One Bedroom Rate: £203.03 per week
- Two Bedrooms Rate: £257.09 per week
- Three Bedrooms Rate: £321.45 per week
- Four Bedrooms Rate: £385.63 per week
- Safeguarding of a bridge link to the [neighbouring] Wembley Point to be called upon in the future and made publicly accessible
- Contribution towards a local public space
- Contribution to carbon offsetting
- Contribution to expansion of Brent's controlled parking zone
- Contribution to Stonebridge Park Station capacity study