From Brent Council
Everyone in Brent aged 12 and over can now get free and regular coronavirus tests, even if they haven’t got symptoms.
These include the new ‘rapid tests’, which provide results within 40 minutes.
It’s important that everyone gets tested even if they feel well, as 1 in 3 people who have COVID-19 show no symptoms but could be sharing the virus with loved ones and around the community without knowing.
Rapid COVID-19 testing is available at the following sites Monday to Sunday, from 9am-6pm (all sites will be closed on bank holidays):
- Brent Civic Centre, Engineers Way, Wembley Park, Wembley, HA9 0FJ
- Bridge Park Community Leisure Centre, Brentfield, Harrow Road, London, NW10 0RG
- Central Mosque of Brent, Station Parade, Marley Walk, London, NW2 4PU
- Ealing Road Library, Coronet Parade, Ealing Road, Wembley, HA0 4BA
- Father O’Callaghan Centre, 22 Hay Lane, London, NW9 0NG
- Harlesden Library, Craven Park Road, Harlesden, NW10 8SE
- Kingsbury Library, 522-524 Kingsbury Road, Kingsbury, NW9 9HE
- The Granville, 140 Carlton Vale, London, NW6 5HE
- The Library at Willesden Green, 95 High Road, Willesden, London, NW10 2SF
The sites at Brent Civic Centre and The Library at Willesden Green are now open. The remaining sites will be open from Monday 21 December 2020.
The rollout of rapid community COVID-19 testing for people without symptoms is being run by Brent Council and the Department for Health and Social Care, and will be available until the end of January when it will be reviewed.
Dr Melanie Smith, Director of Public Health at Brent Council said:
It’s crucial that everyone gets tested regularly, so they can know if they have the virus and this will help to keep their friends and families safe. Testing is free, quick and easy and could save lives, so I want to encourage everyone to book a test today.
I also want everyone to think about the choices they make over the coming days and weeks as we enter the Christmas period. Simply hugging your nanny and grandad or your boyfriend or girlfriend, if they don’t live with you, could spread the virus and put vulnerable people at risk of serious infection and even death.
So please make sensible choices, take extra care and then we can all look forward to a brighter 2021 together as the vaccine is rolled out.
To find out more and book a free COVID-19 test, visit www.brent.gov.uk/covidtesting or call 020 8937 4440.