The street signs say the end of January but this is what Brent Council posted on its website yesterday with a completion date of January 5th:
The sewer works on High Road, Wembley, are progressing well and the proposed end date for these works is now 5 January 2018.
To date Thames Water have:
- Removed the traffic island
- Excavated a shaft onto the sewer over seven meters deep
- Tunnelled four meters downstream, towards Park Lane, to a point where there is no concrete in the sewer
- Tunnelled upstream, towards Wembley triangle, eight and a half meters to the lateral connection from the former Brent House site and have tunnelled over fourteen meters to a point where all concrete has been removed.
- Sink another shaft on the sewer
- Replaced the sewer
- Backfill the tunnels
- Backfill the shaft
- Permanent reinstatement of carriageway.