Good Parks for London has published its 2017 report comparing parks provision across London boroughs. Brent comes out with a midway score at 13, compatred with 19.5 for Lanbeth, Lewisham and Southwark. Neighbouring Harrow is bottom of the table at 5.5 Lack of dtata exp;ains some low scores.
Provision is based on 10 criteria. Brent's rating in brackets
1. Public satisfaction with parks (3/4 at least 75% satisfaction)
2. Awards for quality (0/4 Brent opted out of Green Flag awards when park maintenance was out-sourced to Veolia)
3. Collaboration with other boroughs (4/4 Brent supports Parks for London and the London Parks Benchmarking Group)
4. Events ('Making progress' 2/5)
5. Health, fitness and wellbeing (5/6 20% of gyms per ha)
6. Supporting nature ('Making progress' 1/4)
7. Community involvement (5/5 40+ parks friends groups etc)
8. Skills developments (inc apprenticeships) (0/5 no data)
9. Sustainability (2/4 switching from diesel to electrical equipment)
10. Strategy planning (4/4 straget and assess management plans both achieved).
The full report is below: