|With Jenny Jones in Wembley High Road this morning|
Two parents of former pupils of mine stopped to say, 'We must get rid of this government. They have no idea of how people like us live. They are doing so much damage'. Younger people wanted to talk about the EMA and tuition fees and the cloud hanging over their futures.
Among the reporters and cameramen there were a team from BBC London News and Jenny (and Wembley) will be on that tomorrow evening at 6pm.
Our Green mayoral candidate was particularly keen to talk about the environment and how she wants to make London lead the word in addressing climate change, reducing waste and securing a shared future.
She promised to help Londoners in four key areas:
- Making sure food waste is collected on a weekly basis
- Working with boroughs and central government to make sure all Londoners canm recycle in the same way
- Working with central government to ban carrier bags. reduce unnecessary packaging and use more recyclable and biodegradable materials
- Rolling out the RE:NEW home insulation programme to over a million homes
- Expand the RE:FIT workplace refurbishment programme to cover small and medium sized businesses