A petition has been launched to save community hub Rumi's Cave which is threatened by redevelopment in South Kilburn.
You can sign the petition to Brent Council HERE
The petition says:
Help save our current community centre, art and events venue in South Kilburn from being closed down and turned into flats. Rumi's Cave have been based in South Kilburn for the past decade and have supported the needs of many vulnerable and socially isolated people. Even though our programmes will continue our new centre has been paramount to the works and expansion of what we have been doing.
We host a diverse range of cultural and social programmes to connect hearts, minds and communities. It is vital that we save our building or are given an alternative building to continue all of the work we do.
Just some of the projects we run from our Carlton Vale branch:
- Food bank
- Soup Kitchens and community lunches
- Breakfast Clubs for school children and local residents
- Night Shelter for the homeless
- Tea & Chat sessions for the elderly
- IT support for the elderly
- Martial Arts and Yoga (Children & Adults)
- Language Courses
- Music Lessons
- Knitting & Crochet club
- Mental Health support groups
- Open mic and poetry sessions
- Free Community movie nights
- Interfaith music nights
- Herbal medicine Training
- Alternative Medicine Treatments
If you would like to see Rumi’s Cave on Carlton Vale continue with all of our services, then sign the petition and leave a testimonial on how you have benefited...