Dear Brent Patient Voice members and friends
“Who would be a doctor?” is the topic of our public meeting and debate on Thursday 15th November next at the Learie Constantine Centre, 40-47 Dudden Hill Lane, NW10 2ET at 7pm (refreshments from 6.30)
We are focussing on the strains and stresses facing GPs. They are our
first and principal port of call when we need to access NHS services.
- Practices are merging or closing;
- Workload problems are leading to burnout or early retirement;
- The NHS wants GPs to do more to relieve the load on hospitals;
- Plans to boost GP numbers are way off target;
- Few GPs welcome extra admin and new organisational structures.
- Will switching to digital help reduce workload?
- What does Primary Care Home mean for doctors and patients?
- How do new roles such as healthcare assistants, community pharmacists and nurse practitioners fit in?