|(Sorry about the spelling of 'Center'!)|
Thames 21 say:
The February event
We had another very successful event at the Education Centre. The 4th Kenton Scouts had their first session at the Education Centre and it was great to see so many regular Friends members as well.
1. Planted Hazel trees to compliment the 3 mature Hazel’s which were already well established. These trees were planted in a northern glade near to the mature trees: so the 30 plus schools we work with at the education canter can compare them;
2. Finished clearing out one of the ponds of nearby vegetation including a large amount of blackthorn, stopping succession and the pond being reduced in size;
3. Continued to clear out Ivy in an area of woodland where children attending the Education Centre can build shelters and play in the woodland.
Next event, Sunday March 19th
We will be starting at the usual time of 10 am. Please see the attached poster for the event and here is a link to the event with full details, http://www.thames21.org.uk/event/welsh-harp-conservation-day-3/
On the 19th we will be completing a mix of the following:
- Continue clearing the Forest School Zone of ivy;
- Move suitable branches and logs to the Forest School Zone for shelter building;
- Around the main pathways and buildings - cut back vegetation that overhang main pathways and check trees for broken bits from the recent storm;
- Continue clearing blackthorn from around pond.
PS Lots of joyous spawning in one of the ponds last week
Post a Comment