Thursday 26 April 2018

Mapesbury hustings: Greens rap Butt





Green Party candidates for Mapesbury Ward, Scott Bartle and Lenia Evans, enlivened an otherwise bland hustings, with a rap inspired by Shaggy's 'It wasn't me', aimed at Brent Council leader Muhammed Butt, who by happenstance, was seated right in front of them.

There was a lot of common ground between the four parties represented at the hustings staged by Mapesbury Residents Association - let's face it no one is going to stand up and say, 'We want more potholes in Brent', or 'We want to make our air even more poisonous.'

The words (apologies to Shaggy)

S: One of the things that really gets us about this council, is that theres been a Labour majority since 2014 yet they just blame the Tories for everything that goes wrong. It's like they’ve gone to international pop sensation Shaggy for advice

L Cllr Butt, Mapesbury caught me
S: You let them catch you?
L: I don’t know what to do…
S: Just say it wasn’t you
L: A Failed waste strategy?
S: It wasn’t me.
L: £200K lost on Kingdom Security?
S: It wasn’t me
L: An £18million giveaway in Wemberly
S: It wasn’t me
L: Potholes make me drive wobbly
S: It wasn’t me.
L: Cutting £1.2Mil from youth facilities
S: It wasn’t me
L but finding £2.3million for CCTV?
S: It wasn’t me
L Developers acting irresponsibly
S: It wasn’t me
L  Trying to demolish the Queensbury?
S: It wasn’t me.
L: Closed 6 of our libraries
S: It wasn’t me
L: Keep on blaming the Tories
S: It wasn’t me
L: You gotta take some responsibility
S: It wasn’t me.

L: The quality of the air we breathe, the condition of the pavements, the state of housing, potholes in the road, vandalism, crime and litter are all environmental issues. If anyone will solve these problems it will be us. We hope to tell you more about this through the course of the evening.
 


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good to see the Greens are literally still a joke

Anonymous said...

Love it... superbly written,gets the facts over in a wonderful way!