Some dates for your diary...
A reminder of some important upcoming events (starting on Friday!) which will be focusing on tackling the climate and ecological emergency in Brent.
- Friday 10th September (5pm-7pm) - Brent Friends of the Earth will be kicking off their engagement plans for the coming months with a stall in the Harlesden Plaza car park, near Tesco. They will be making bunting full of messages about the climate and ecological emergency. All are welcome to take part - head down, chat to fellow residents, and add your voice to the climate change conversation!
- Saturday 18th September (11am-3pm) - join Brent’s celebration of Car Free Day on Priory Park Road, off Kilburn High Road, NW6 where we will closing this section of road and hosting a number of exciting stalls from partner organisations - all geared towards tackling the climate emergency, improving air quality and encouraging active travel.
- Sunday 26th September (2pm start) - Brent Friends of the Earth will be leading a walk following the course of the Wealdstone Brook and part of the River Brent from Wembley Park to St Raphael’s green space. The walk will look at natural life along the waterways, consider how the built environment interacts with nature, and the possible dangers posed by flooding over the next few years. Those taking part will pause on the bank of the River Brent, near the Monks Park/St Raphael's open space, to launch paper boats with messages about climate change, and what we all need to do about it. Come along and make your own boat to launch! (Further info on start point, contact email@example.com)
- Monday 11th October - Friday 15th October - Local Democracy Week is back! And with perfect timing, has a theme this year of 'Promoting the Environment'. Keep your eyes peeled for Brent-based climate events that will be happening during that week.
- Monday 1st November - Friday 12th November - is the Conference of Parties 26 (COP26) fortnight, where world leaders will convene to plot the future action required for the sustainability of our planet. Although the event will be taking place in Glasgow, we will be hosting a localised set of events in Brent during these two weeks - further information to follow in future BEN emails!