Friday 11 October 2013

Kilburn Katz - Labour's fresh faced candidate

Mike Katz has circulated the following message to Brent Central Labour Party members in his bid to become the party's candidate for Brent Central. He was deselected from his current ward councillor candidate list earlier this year.

I'm emailing to tell you why I want to be your Labour candidate for Brent Central.When you decide who to support in this selection one question is more important than any other: who can beat the Lib Dems?I know that I can. I won my council ward back from the Lib Dems in 2010, and successfully defended two other Labour seats against an aggressive Lib Dem campaign in 2006.To win in 2015 we need a candidate who will campaign in every ward, take the fight to the Lib Dems and make them account for their party’s awful record in Government.A candidate who is no stranger to Brent, but who is a fresh face for Brent Labour.I’m that candidate.I was born and raised in North West London; I live right next door to the constituency and I’m currently a councillor for Kilburn, one of the most deprived wards in Camden.  Find out more about me hereBrent Central is at the frontline of our struggle to preserve the promise that we would have a better life than our parents, and our children better than us.We need to campaign for jobs, education and housing; and for the unity we gain from diversity.That’s why I want to be your next Labour MP.  I have the experience and determination to win Brent Central back for Labour and to fight for a fairer and better future for our community.I want to hear your views about the issues that matter and the sort of MP you want.  I'll be in touch soon, but please feel free to get in contact by calling me any time on (withheld for privacy reasons) or emailing me at mike@mikekatz.org

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I fear Mr. Katz has lost his way with the Party somewhat. Everybody in Brent Central Labour Party (not to mention most Labour Voters in the constituency) knows that Cllr. Muhammed Butt will most likely be standing for Labour in Brent Central in the next General Election.
Mr. Katz would do well to start 'spreading his net' to other constituencies while he still has time.

Anonymous said...

HA HA HA, muhammed butt ? youre having a larf.......

if labour think that joker is what brent needs maybe old lembit will be back on the green benches afterall..........

Anonymous said...

Hey, Mike. A couple of questions:
1. What's your line on Free Schools?
2. What was your line on Free Schools last Friday?
Please be honest.
Thank you.

Anonymous said...

No rush.

Anonymous said...

Ok. Let's help you out a bit.
The answer to Q2 is 'Didn't like them'.
Now let's have your answer to Q1.
Thanks